We are looking to hire a General Manger in a real estate company. The general manager supervises lower-level managers and may oversee a department or a local office within the company. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplining lower-level managers and employees, as well as coaching and mentoring lower-level managers. As general manager, you will create incentives for employees and evaluate your department’s efficiency and productivity. Additionally, as the general manager, you will collaborate with company executives to develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals. Then you will communicate those goals to your team and guide them to success.
General Manager Job Duties:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communication: increase management’s effectiveness through active listening with both superiors and subordinates as well as strong written communication skills
- Leadership: provide and seek out continuing education opportunities to foster a growth mindset
- Delegation: identify the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work
- Time management: prioritize tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines, streamline processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation and mediation: find opportunities to resolve conflicts efficiently and favorably
- Decision-making: weigh the costs and benefits of various options to determine the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving: analyze past and current performance and recommend objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Bachelors Degree in Estate Mangement or relevant field
- Minimum of 5+years working experience